giovedì 11 giugno 2015

Not only a word

I've been silent for a few days, but for a very good reason : for the first time in almost four years we had guests from Italy. Truth to be told my mother usually comes once a year, but beside her we never had the pleasure to have relatives here. So when one of my brothers in law told us that him and his wife were coming here to visit us, well excitement and joy grew and grew until last friday when they arrived. It has been a short but joyful and emotional time together (they left yesterday's very early morning ). Something very new for all of us and especially important for my children, our rather lonely situation here put a very heavy toll on them and feeling loved and cherished from someone else other than me was very needed indeed. I come from a very small family, only child of a single mother. I know loneliness very well, I know the feeling of craving for attentions very well, and knowing that my children experience the same feeling is rather heartbreaking. I know, they're five and we try to be very close to each other, but as they say 'you need a village to grow a child' and we always missed our tribe. The few days spent together gave us a glimpse of what it looks like not being alone, and it is beautiful. All of us feared the farewell, but incredibly we don't feel really sad, the love and joy we shared filled us and knowing that FAMILY it's not only a word gave us strenght.




 Dear friends, now please, go and hug your spouse, your children or grab the phone and give your old folks a call.
 Family it's not just a word.


4 commenti:

  1. I'm glad your family had the opportunity to share those great moments! Family is not just a word indeed, it can be joyful or complicated, but that's how family goes. Have a nice day!

    RispondiElimina
  2. MammaF, ti sono sempre grata per le tue condivisioni e perchè mi dai la possibilità di fermarmi a riflettere.
    Ti abbraccio forte

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Grazie a te ! Un abbraccio a tutta la tua bellissima famiglia <3

      Elimina

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with me.
I'll try to answer as soon as possible ! :)